The Classics Never Go Out of Style!
I love old cookbooks, and I regularly scan through them to see what people liked and cooked in years gone by. And I noticed that many of the recipes that were so popular as to be almost considered "restaurant staples" many years ago are now all but forgotten. Well, in this class, that ends, as we re-visit these classics, and see if they can get the revival that many of them deserve!
Pick an Appetizer:
• Lobster Newburg OR Oysters Rockefeller OR Chicken Liver Pate OR Clams Casino OR Crab Imperial
A Main Course:
• Steak Diane OR Beef Wellington OR Beef Stroganoff OR Chicken Supremé OR Chicken Kiev OR Chicken Cordon Bleu
A Side Dish:
• Duchess Potatoes OR Twice-Baked Potatoes OR Fettuccine Alfredo OR Green Bean Casserole (Made entirely from scratch of course)
And a Dessert:
• Cherries Jubilee OR Crepes Suzette OR Baked Alaska OR Bananas Foster OR Pineapple Upside-down Cake
• And finally, no class on the classics would be complete without me showing you how to make a perfect "Old Fashioned" cocktail (Get it?!)
(As always, menus can be changed and personalized to fit your desires or dietary restrictions. Think of the menu above as an "idea" that I'm offering, and we can go from there together!)